Records Retention Schedule
The Records Retention Schedule provides a list of the official state records for UT HSC, prescribing the authorized retention period for each record. It also designates vital records that must be backed up and stored offsite, records of archival value that should be forwarded to the University Archives, and confidential records that should not be viewed by the public.
The full UT HSC Records Retention Schedule approved by the Texas State Library and Archives Commission is saved in PDF format and can be viewed on the Web using the Adobe Acrobat Reader. If you do not have the Adobe Acrobat Reader installed, you can download it for free from Adobe.
- Search the Records Retention Schedule online by keyword, department, category, or number.
- Full Records Retention Schedule (official version)
- List of Changes to the Records Retention Schedule for 2010 (new and revised records)
- List of Changes to the Records Retention Schedule for 2011 (revised records)
- List of Changes to the Records Retention Schedule for 2012 (revised records)
- List of UT HSC Vital Records
- List of Research and Grant Records
- List of Archival Records
- Supplementary Notes and Explanations of Terms
- Record Retention Guideline for Email
Questions should be sent to Anne Comeaux, Assistant Director for Special Collections and Records Management Officer for the UT HSC.